My Best Friend Is Getting Married


January 24th, 2020

Dear Diary, 

My best friend is getting married tomorrow. I'm over the moon for her, but I can't help but think: where the heck has the time gone?

We have been friends since we were little. Our sisters met in school, and then they introduced us. I remember the first time I was invited over their house to hangout. I went with my sister, and I was so shy that I didn't even talk to my friend. I was always quiet, so this didn't come as much of a surprise to my sister, or her friend. But after spending every day that summer together, I got comfortable and we've been best friends ever since.

You know that person who you have so many memories with? That's her. We did silly stuff together, like hangout with boys who were too old for us when visiting my aunts house in Florida, and taking weird photos with my digital camera that I still have saved on a back-up hard drive.

She is a year old then me, and when she went away to college, we barely ever saw each other. We texted, and went to lunch together every so often, but once I started college we stopped. There was never any bad blood, of course, but our lives went in two separate directions. Luckily for us, though, we are more like sisters, than friends, and when we do see each other, it's like no time has passed. We pick up right where we left off.

I've only met her fiance a handful of times, but he seems like a great guy. My friend (who I'm keeping anonymous) would only marry the best of the best. I saw her a few times last year, and we are now starting to rekindle our friendship. When she asked me to be a bridesmaid last April, I was surprised. We weren't close anymore, but did expressed than she also considered me to be more than a sister than a friend. I gladly accepted of course, and I'm excited to celebrate her big day with her.

Well, now my eyes are clouded with tears and I can barely see anything. I will let you know how the wedding goes.

Rachel

Comments