My Heart Hurts
Dear Diary,
Today Kobe Bryant died. He was involved in a tragic helicopter crash in Calabasas, California this morning. As if that wasn't tragic enough, it was released that his 13-year-old-daughter, Giana, along with seven other passengers also died in the crash.
I didn't even know them, but my heart aches for them. It aches for their families. Vanessa Bryant not only lost her longtime husband, but she lost her daughter. I can't even imagine what her, along with the rest of their family, is feeling right now. I am in shock. The world is in shock. And this is going to be a hard one to get through.
I'm by no means a basketball fan, but I know Kobe Bryant was one of the best players of all time. I heard my father, cousins, and uncles talking about him this afternoon at my grandmas birthday celebration. They talked his basketball stats and it was as if they were talking in another language.
I had a busy weekend with my best friends wedding and all the festivities that went along with it, which made me push all my homework back to Sunday night, now I'm scrambling to finish an essay, this blog, and five chapters of Catch-22 before tomorrow morning, but I can't get the Bryant family, and everyone else involved in that crash out of my mind. I've been crying on and off all day, and have a pit in my stomach that won't seem to go away.
![]() |
| Photo via Hollywood Reporter |
You never truly appreciate the value of your life until you are put into situations like that. And after today, it hit me that you never know when your life is going to end. I am going to hug my loved ones close tonight and remind them of how much I love them. You never know when you will see someone for the last time.
Rest Peacefully, Kobe and Giana Bryant, and every one else who was involved in that fatal crash. You will forever be in our hearts.
Rachel

Comments
Post a Comment