Week 6: Am I Ready To Share My Feelings?


I would be lying if I told you that I'm excited to write a memoir. I'm a surfaced person, and the thought of having to dig deep inside and pull out emotions that I have bottled up for a long time frightens me. But I guess that's the point of a memoir, right? To share your feelings and emotions about a situation and what you've learned along the way in order to help others. I may not have a great story to tell, but I do hope that someone can take away something from it.

I'm curious to explore the emotions I feel when I write the story that I chose for my memoir. I haven't decided which one I want to write yet, and it may take a few days for me to decide. When we had to write ideas down for our memoirs last week, I told the story of how my fiance and I met, and the last day that I saw my paternal grandmother. Both stories mean so much to me, however, there are many details that I feel could be left out. I could write about the first moment that my fiance and I met at his families cabin up north, instead of explaining the relationship in length.

Comments

  1. Elaborate more on goals. You do achieve a good sense of voice in your memoir but in spots, you might be able to be more concise by omitting of the details - hard to determine what to include and what to leave out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment