Week 12
When I wrote my blog post "Healthy Body, Healthy Mind" I used all three appeals. I started off using ethos to prove my credibility by telling the story of my depression throughout my life. That led me into using pathos, the emotional appeal, by talking about the things that I went through when dealing with my depression. I knew that there was research done to back up my claim; that exercise helps with depression and anxiety. I also used logos in my blog post to bring logic and research into my topic.
I think that pathos works best to connect a blog and its reader. Being credible and providing logic is great, but to really persuade someone you have to tap into their emotions.
I think that pathos works best to connect a blog and its reader. Being credible and providing logic is great, but to really persuade someone you have to tap into their emotions.
Your use of pathos resonates the loudest in your post. Reflect a bit more on how ethos and logos may appeal to other readers. In addition, you use voice nicely in this post to connect to other readers.
ReplyDelete